logo

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Ajith Kumar  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2015 6:01:24 PM(UTC)
Ajith Kumar

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi,

I am using a customized Gateway board, which has linux kernel version 3.2.0
Can I build and run UA_SDK on the Gateway.
Please kindly teach me on how to build UA_SDK on the Gateway as I am new to UA_SDK.

Regards,
Ajith

Offline Patrick Griffiths  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2015 6:39:58 AM(UTC)
Patrick Griffiths

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Hi Ajith,

Not sure what you mean by 'customized Gateway'... In general the current release of the UA SDK only targets Ubuntu 14.04 x86, though it can be made to run on other distributions if you match-up the dependent libraries.

How far have you got with making it run on your distribution? Do you have a specific issue you are trying to deal with?

Patrick
Offline Ajith Kumar  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2015 10:36:09 AM(UTC)
Ajith Kumar

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the reply. I have extracted UA_SDK.tar.gz by running Unpack.sh script.

Inside the UA_SDK I could see the following folders like Samples, Include, Documents, Localization, Lib.

Please teach me how to use this SDK, I am new to this SDK. Is there any reference manual on how to use this SDK.

Please kindly suggest me in this regard.

Regards,
Ajith
Offline Patrick Griffiths  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2015 11:50:58 AM(UTC)
Patrick Griffiths

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Hi Ajith,

Well, the SDK is for C++, so you need to be proficient in C++. If you are more comfortable with C# or Java, this isn't the SDK for you. Have you tried the samples or the getting started guide? There is also reference documentation. I strongly suggest you start with the supported platforms (for Linux that's Ubuntu 14.04 x86).

If you require more extensive support, I suggest you contact Matrikon sales. Teaching you how to use the SDK from scratch is really beyond the scope of what I can do for you here.

If you run into specific issues as you're working with the SDK, I'm happy to answer your questions.

Good luck,
Patrick