logo

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Elizabeth Rapoport  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2015 3:01:13 PM(UTC)
Elizabeth Rapoport

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello,
I am trying to establish connection to my Kepware server running on Windows 8 from a Linux Ubuntu 14.04 virtual machine. The situation is as follows:
If I use a pre-built OPC client and simultaneously monitor traffic on the server via Wireshark, I see when the client both requests endpoints and then establishes connection. When I use the Matrikon SDK and step through my own code, I see the same activity as I did with the pre-built OPC client up through the point of where I request the endpoint. But on running
Code:

Result result;
bool success = spConnection->Connect(result);
std::cout << result.GetCode() << std::endl;
my_connection->,
no more activity is observed and I get a code print out of 2164654080.

Any idea why I am not observing any activity over Wireshark when I run Connect(), and what the code means? I could not find anything in the documentation.
Thanks!
Liz
thanks 1 user thanked Elizabeth Rapoport for this useful post.
Offline Patrick Griffiths  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2015 6:24:02 AM(UTC)
Patrick Griffiths

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Hi Liz,

You're right that the error code isn't documented in our SDK. That's a deficiency we have to correct.

The code is 0x81060000, and it means 'unknown host'. It is returned when the host name portion of the URL can't be resolved.

Apart from typos, one common cause of this is when an OPC UA server returns names in endpoints but those names can't be resolved by the client. This occurs if you have a client running on a VM with NAT or host-only networking and the server is running on e.g. your work network or the host machine.

HTH,
Patrick
thanks 1 user thanked Patrick Griffiths for this useful post.