logo

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline João Pedro Moreira  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 8, 2020 12:11:24 PM(UTC)
João Pedro Moreira

I'm currently studying Control and Automation Engineering on a brazillian Institute of Technology and I'd like to make a project where I'd implement an automated process on a simulation environment and apply a PIMS solution to it for historical data analysis. I was told that I could not use the equipments (PLCs and didatics automated plants) that we have on our labs for it since they are restricted to usage during classes only! So I decided to go for simulations!

I was looking for a software that would allow me to generate tags based on a custom process that i could define based on transfer functions or something like that and then provide these tags via OPC server to OPC clients like a supervisory system and also the PIMS collector.

I found Matrikon OPC server simulator and started to read a little bit about it and it seems like it is almost what I want, the only problem that I found is that the tags that can be generated are restricted to some standard sets.

My question is: is that correct? Or I am able to customize the process functions that are going to generate those tags? If that's true, are there any papers discussing this process?

And if that's not possible, are there any softwares that i could use for this purpose?

Thanks.