logo

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Soon Ling Chua  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 12:53:45 AM(UTC)
Soon Ling Chua

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I have my OPC Process Data store in Desktop Historian server.
How can i extract those data from my client PC for data analyst.
Offline Roger Fortune  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 1:23:29 PM(UTC)
Roger Fortune

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 32 post(s)
MatrikonOPC Desktop Historian has a built in OPC Server (DA/HDA). In order to access archived data, you need software on your Client PC that has an OPC HDA Client built into it. MatrikonOPC has the Excel Reporter and Easy Trender available to visualise your Desktop Historian data, both of these products have OPC HDA clients built in. If these tools are not what you are looking for, be sure to ask your preferred client software vendor if their software has an OPC HDA Client in it, there are a lot on the market that have OPC connectivity these days.
On a side note, because your client will be on a separate machine, you may like to consider installing MatrikonOPC Tunneller on both machines to get around time absorbing DCOM configuration and Windows permission issues. Using Tunneller will also make this solution firewall friendly and robust.