logo

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Matt Warren  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 4:05:43 PM(UTC)
Matt Warren

Hello,

As an OPC novice, I am having great difficulty getting the OPC ODBC software to connect to a local OPC Server endpoint. Strangely, connectivity to the remote database server was not an issue.
I am able to connect to the OPC server using other products (UAexpert connects fine, seen below). I have a feeling I am doing something incorrect:
[img=https://postimg.org/image/skmcfaplx/]Working in one client and not the other[/img]

Please help!

Thank you so much for your time,

Matt
Offline Roger Fortune  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 4:21:47 PM(UTC)
Roger Fortune

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 32 post(s)
As there are a lot of questions to ask in order to diagnose this condition, I would advise you to contact support@matrikonopc.com so the team can assist you further.
thanks 1 user thanked Roger Fortune for this useful post.
Offline Matt Warren  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 1, 2017 3:44:01 PM(UTC)
Matt Warren

Thank you for following up, Roger.
I shot the Matrikon folks an email on 2/27, but no response. This error is starting to drive me batty. It makes no sense.
It's as though the opc endpoint is not being read. In UAexpert, no issues whatsoever! So strange.
Is there a place to find a Matrikon OPC ODBC log? I can't find a log anywhere.

Thanks so much for your time.
Matt
Offline Roger Fortune  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 1, 2017 4:13:57 PM(UTC)
Roger Fortune

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 32 post(s)
The team should be in contact shortly. I do not have enough information here to properly diagnose this. It appears that you may be trying to do OPC UA things with a product (OPC ODBC) that was built in OPC Classic (no UA).

Rather than going back and forward and delaying you further, it makes sense to have a phone call with one of the team. I have been told that higher than usual demand is causing a backlog. Please reply to me here if you have not had contact within 24 hours from now.